Connect with Veniece on Facebook

.

Friday, October 30, 2009

Armando the Player


I met this nice looking guy named Armando once while I was on my break at work
Sitting at Kelly’s café having my bottled water and a chocolate cookie plump with nuts
I had on a gray BeBe suit with my stiletto peep toe pumps
This guy came over slyly trying to look at my bump
As soon as he determined that he liked what he saw, he came over to my table and asked if I was alone
Then he promptly sat down and then had the gall to put his number in my cell phone
And said, “ I love the French tips that you have on your toes.”
Saying he had a foot fetish and he just wanted me to know
He then said, “I want to take you out this weekend,”
He said, “Let’s go to dinner and a movie and later get freaky.”
Then he proceeded to hold my hand and try to hug me, even though I had known him for less than five minutes
The dude was acting like he just knew he was going to hit it
I pulled away & said; “Hold up, wait a minute, we have not picked out china patterns,”
“You just met me and you’re taking too much for granted!”
He said, “You got me all wrong baby girl,”
“I know you heard it all before, but I am the man who can definitely rock your world.”
I replied, “You are touchy and feely for a guy I just met,”
“This is real life and not a music video about soft and wet!”
He said, “You have me all wrong, just give me a call,”
“We’ll go out and I’ll make you breakfast in the morning.”
The test was I did not call him and he knew where I worked
He just wanted a one-night stand with all of the perks
I see him from time to time pass by my job
He claims that he just has to see me and I am his heartthrob
But his feelings disseminate as soon as he leaves
It’s obvious that I am not the woman who can fulfill his needs
There is no love connection and I will not be used
Or he would not just contact me when he is only passing through


Copyright 2009 by Veniece Wesson An excerpt from my upcoming book, “An Everyday Diva’s Conversation of the Mind.” This is from a trilogy of poems called “Do Not Settle” All rights reserved. No parts of this publication may be reproduced or distributed in any form by any means, or stored in a database or retrieval system, without the prior written permission of the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment